Burma Democratic Concern has the firm determination to carry on doing until the democracy restore in Burma.

Saturday 8 May 2010

“May I reward your affection, Mother”



“May I reward your affection, Mother”



May I cure your serious ailments

With my diligence and industry, Mother.



Give me ability

that tempt those who

disregard the debt of gratitude, Mother.



I dare to face

any oncoming danger…



It is no peculiar for me

to think of dying in any way.

I know all will pass away in life, Mother.



You all will be happy surely

When my dreams come true.



I pay no mind to their

condemnation,

ridicule,

hate,or

defamation, Mother.



I long passionately for the praise

that I am your true and worthy daughter, Mother.



I wish to be only a person

who deserve your gratitude, Mother.



Aung San Suu Kyi



Translated by Alinsek

5.March, 2010



Mother is a person who seeing
there are only four pieces of pie for five people,
promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan


Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper


Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...
since the payment is pure love.
~Mildred B. Vermont


The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown


A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once,
and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries


If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other,
the whole world would kick the beam.
~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)


Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while,
but their hearts forever.
~Author Unknown

Mother is neverending song in the heart, in the earth, in the waters, and in the air.
~ Alinsek

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
~Jewish Proverb


A mother understands what a child does not say.
~Author Unknown

No comments: