Burma Democratic Concern has the firm determination to carry on doing until the democracy restore in Burma.

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Letter from RANGOON


Letter from RANGOON
by BDC
26 May 2009

Dear XXXXX,

I hope you are not shocked to see my letter. Whenever I send my letters, you might think there is something wrong in Yangon.

There is no cyclone in Yangon this time. There is no gun fire as well. However, as the historic saying, “Is Paris Burning,” there is fire in Yangon, my friend XXXX.

We are walking on the extreme hot weather which cause by the late monsoon. We are swatting. We are suffering from shortness of breath and anxiety. My anger on the speed of internet makes me shake my computer. I can’t sit still at my house. I can’t control my hands from reaching my mobile phone. I can’t sleep at night. There’s something in my mind. Aunty Suu…

Days are very long. These are the longest days for Yangonites for those who are eagerly waiting news for Insein. In their minds, everybody is on the street protesting.

Yesterday, ambassadors and some journalists were invited to attend the trial for the first time. You might have already heard about this. I wanted to share one thing which is thrilling. One of the journalists who attended the trial was my close friend. He told me a lot of things like Daw Suu is healthy and in good shape. She is composed; however, the swimmer, Yettaw, looks panicky. Everybody including prison guards couldn’t put their eyes away from Daw Suu, etc. I will cut short because everything else is in the news. I just want to share one bone chilling moment with you.

Thirty diplomats and 10 journalists were waiting in the court room. Soon after they heard the car approached, Daw Suu entered the court room confidently in her reddish brown dress. All diplomats stood up as she walked in the court room. She went straight to her lawyers without noticing what was happening. Diplomats were standing still until Daw Suu took her seat. They didn’t sit down even though police gestured them to. It took about 10 minutes.

The journalist voice was shaking as he told the event. He was in shock. He said he clearly saw the respect on Daw Suu in the diplomats’ eyes.

One of my friends who was listening with me said, “International community recognize her as our national leader.”

Your Friend,

XXXXX
Yangon

http://www.bdcburma.org/NewsDetails.asp?id=432

No comments: